- For instructions on how to mod, see modding
A mod (short for modification) is an alteration of the game and the objective of modding. Modifications can range from small tweaks to total conversions.
The mod installation folder is:
Never install mods in the Steam directory (ex:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ImperatorRome\mod\), as the mod would not be properly loaded.
Check in the mod description the game version compatible with the version of the mod. If needed, rollback to an older patch, using the "Steam Beta" tab.
In case of manual installation, the steps are usually the following (refer to specific mod instructions, if any):
- Remove any existing installation of the mod (mod folder and .mod file). This is very important, as the game loads all files present in mod folder, so old mod files that are no longer present or were renamed in a new version of the mod would conflict.
- Clear your gfx cache, by deleting the folder
~\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator\<mod_name>\gfx, if any.
- Extract the downloaded archive, so that the mod folder contains the .mod file and directory of the mod.
- Launch the game and select the mod in the Mod tab. Note that the mod may have a different name in the launcher than the name of the .mod file.
Mods with wiki pages
- Wiki pages for modifications are the responsibility of the modification team, not the Paradox wiki team
- At the moment Paradox Mods is not integrated into the game's launcher. It is planned to be added with an update during Q3 2019. Mods can still be downloaded manually.