This article has been verified for the current version (2.0) of the game.
Kos is an island nation near Rhodes.
- Main article: Greek missions#The Hospitable Sea
As a Hellenistic culture group country in the region of Asia, Kos has access to the Euxine Sea Hellenistic cultural mission tree The Hospitable Sea if it can be come independent and grow to own at least 25 territories, directing it to expand its influence in the region and dominate the coasts of the Euxine Sea. Like most other Hellenistic group countries, if Kos conquers territory in Greece it can also get the Greek cultural mission tree Pan-Hellenic Government and attempt to unite the Greek city-states into a new Hellenic League.
Like all other countries, Kos also has access to the generic missions.
As a Hellenistic culture group country, Aeolia has access to the decision to form the Hellenistic Empire. Note that this requires reforming into a monarchy.
For too long parasites and scavengers have made a feast of the Great Empire that Alexander spent a lifetime building. It is time we do away with all claimants, usurpers and delusional provincial strongmen. There can be only one authority within the empire of Alexander the Great, one upholder of the great Hellenistic legacy that this great man founded.
Reunite Alexander's Empire
That one power could not possibly come from any dynasty but our own. Only a family that respects the Argead traditions can legitimately claim its legacy.
- Has not previously formed the Hellenistic Empire
- Has at least 1 territory
- Country is in the Hellenistic culture group
- Is a monarchy
- Is not Hellenistic Empire
- Is not AI-controlled or has more than 40 territories
- Hellenistic Empire does not current exist
- Is a monarchy
- Is not at war or in a civil war
- Owns or has a subject that owns the following territories:
- Pella (379)
- Korinthos (418)
- Athenai (416)
- Lysimacheia (350)
- Sardeis (292)
- Alexandreia (516)
- Memphis (500)
- Gaza (659)
- Tyros (743)
- Antigoneia (790)
- Ammoneion (5537)
- Babylon (918)
- Seleukeia Megale (911)
- Persepolis (4799)
- Ekbatana (1595)
- Taxila (7314)
- Alexandrou Limen (6821)
- If the country is tribal, add the modifier Civilizing Tribe for 10 years, giving:
- +0.10% Monthly Civilization Change
- +2 Pop Promotion Speed
- +10% Integrated Culture Happiness
- If the government type is not Empire or Imperial Cult, set the country's government to Empire
- If the country was originally a republic:
- If the country originally had the Provisioning Act or Punic Reforms law, enact the Royal Guard law
- Otherwise, if the country originally had the Military Modernization or Marian Reform law, enact the Royal Army law
- Get the modifier Argead Unification until the end of the game, giving:
- +6% Unintegrated Culture Group Happiness
- +5% Morale of Armies
- +2 Diplomatic Reputation
- +8% National Freeman Happiness
- Get 5 free province investments
- Current country becomes Hellenistic Empire
- If the current ruler has the Blood of the Argeads trait, set the country's name to Argead Empire
- Get the event Capital of an Empire
- Get claims on all unowned provinces in the regions of Parthia, Syria, Ariana, Bactriana, Media, Persis, Gedrosia, Mesopotamia, Assyria, Bithynia et Paphlagonia, Cappadocia Taurica, Phrygia, Cilicia, Asia, Greece, Palestine, Gandhara, Lower Egypt, Upper Egypt, Macedonia, and Thrace
- If the country is Antigonid Kingdom, Macedon, Seleukid Empire, Egypt, or Thrace and is not AI-controlled, award the achievement No More Worlds Left to Conquer
Kos begins as a feudatory of Egypt.
As any Greek Republic, own the entire region of Greece.
On the Measure of the Earth
As any Greek nation, build Towers in Omboi and Alexandria.
Proclamation of Tyre
As a Greek Republic, have Macedon, Egypt, the Seleucid Empire, Thrace or the Antigonid Empire as a subject.