Heirs of Alexander
Release date / Patch
Store: Content pack
Heirs of Alexander is the fourth content pack for Imperator: Rome. It was announced on 2021-02-01 and released on 2021-02-16 coinciding with patch 2.0.
The Hellenistic kingdoms of the Eastern Mediterranean and Asia take center stage in this Content Pack for Imperator: Rome. Heirs of Alexander add additional context and flavor to this rich and varied landscape, as the great conqueror’s former generals and their descendants try to claim the mantle of the ancient world’s most legendary ruler.
- Unique Missions Trees: New special mission objectives for the Antigonid Empire in Anatolia, Seleucid Empire in Asia, Ptolemaic Empire in Egypt, Macedonia and Thrace.
- Shared Mission Tree: Diadochi-themed mission objectives available to all of the Successor Kingdoms.
- Wonder Designer: New tool that allows players to build their own custom monuments, adding bonuses to their location or to the entire empire.
- New Events: Various Dynamic Historical Events based on the legacy of Alexander’s followers.
- New Deities: Regional gods and goddesses from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
- New Treasures: Distinctive artifacts from around the Greek world.
- New Music: Three new music tracks to inspire your Successor Kingdom.
- Levies: Draft levies from your provinces to fight your wars. Their size and composition is based on the cultures and population types in the province.
- Legions: Advance your military technology to create standing, professional military forces to guard your empire. But beware of their cost and tendency to follow disloyal generals.
- Military Histories: Legions and Mercenary units have histories that will list their accomplishments over time, earning honors or penalties based on their legacies.
- Engineers: Special cohort to help with sieges, river crossings and road building.
- Changes to Inventions and Military Traditions: Radically overhauled invention system - unlock new abilities alongside old inventions, and shape your civilization like never before.
- Diadochi War Goal: New large scale conquests available to Hellenistic kingdoms to better model the ambitions of Successor rulers.
- UI Overhaul: Completely reworked interface to make options and decisions more intuitive.
- And much more: New unit models for levy and legion units, new port construction options, changes to forts and deities.
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Heirs of Alexander content pack and patch 2.0 (aka Marius).
- Patch 2.0 (Marius)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|22||2.0.1 Patch Released||.....||2021-02-18|
|20||More Great Wonders!||.....||2021-02-08|
|19||Heirs of Alexander and 2.0 Marius Announcement||.....||2021-02-01|
|18||Population Growth and Map Changes||Changes to Population Growth resulting in overall lower world population, capping Research Efficiency to balance smaller and larger nations, as well as Map Changes consisting of Countries, Cultures, Formables, and Major Rivers||2021-01-25|
|17||Important balance changes and missions||Balance changes made to Manpower, Statesmanship, Subjects and Integration, Oratory Inventions, Mercenaries, Holy Sites and Treasures, and AI Expansion, and presenting a late-game shared mission tree for the successor kingdoms||2021-01-18|
|16||Civilization, Buildings and Macedon||Reworking the civilization & buildings mechanics and the new Macedonian mission tree||2021-01-11|
|15||The Longest Diary||Introduce new mechanic allows you to selecting heir in monarchies, new succession type (elective monarchy), new army models and Antigonid kingdom mission trees||2020-12-14|
|14||Ports and Mission Trees||Reworking ports to be similar to other buildings, QoL-changes to the technology tree and new content for Thrace in the new DLC||2020-12-07|
|13||Egypt Mission Trees||New content coming in paid DLC for Ptolemaic Egypt||2020-11-30|
|12||Heirs of Alexander||Changes to Diadochi wars and unit 3d models, as well as new mission trees for the Seleukids||2020-11-23|
|11||Warfare Changes part 2||Presenting Legions, the new standing armies, as well as how reworked Military Experience functions||2020-11-16|
|10||Warfare||Introduction of Levies and Legions||2020-11-09|
|9||UI rework part 2||Showing of the new Nation Overview, Religion View and added functionality to the Macro Builder||2020-11-02|
|8||Traditions and more inventions||Talking about the new Military Traditions as well as changes to Inventions since previous dev-diary||2020-10-26|
|7||Warfare changes||Changes to Combat Width, Forts and Occupation,as well as adding Automated Provincial Trading and Engineer Cohorts||2020-10-19|
|6||Invention System||Showing the reworked inventions system with the introduction of tech-trees||2020-10-12|
|5||UI rework||In-depth overview of the UI rework||2020-10-05|
|4||A Most Auspicious Number||Introducing the Marius update and teasing the UI overhaul||2020-09-28|
|3||Introducing Vitruvius||Plans for Vitruvius and Great Wonders||2020-09-21|
|2||Vitruvius and How We Work||Discussing the process of developing Vitruvius in parallel with the main studio||2020-09-14|
|1||Important Studio News||Introducing the Paradox Thalassic Studio||2020-09-10|