Jump to navigation Jump to search
Easter eggs are inside jokes and references to popular culture, included for the player's amusement. This is a non-exhaustive list of Easter eggs present in Imperator.
- Byzantion's province ID is 1453, a reference to the year Byzantium fell to the Ottomans historically.
- The achievement Times New Roman refers to a popular font style.
- The achievement What have the Romans ever Done for us? is a reference to a popular Monthy Python film, "Life of Brian"
- The achievement Bois Are Back in Town is a reference to the popular song "The Boys Are Back in Town" by Irish hard rock band Thin Lizzy.
- The achievement Over 9000 refers to a popular exclamation by Vegeta in the English adaptation of the anime Dragon Ball Z.
- The achievement The Romans Are Crazy refers to a popular catchphrase from the french comic series Asterix.
- The achievement Spice Must Flow refers to a popular phrase from the sci-fi novel Dune.
- The Flags of Osismia and Curiosolita look like the Belts of Characters Asterix and Obelix, respectively, from the french comic series Asterix.
- Several developer team members have cameo members ingame:
- Johan Andersson, the creative director, can be found in Sparta at start as Thoukydides Priapid.
- Peter 'Arheo' Nicholson, the game director, can be found in Parisia (Britannia) at start as Arheo Nicholid 'Cantor'. Successfully befriending him or one of his children will give a special treasure.
- Henrik 'Trin Tragula' Lohmander, the game designer, can be found in Nesiotic League at start as Anaximander Lomandros 'Chartografos'.
- Joachim 'Snow Crystal' Holmsen, a content designer, can be found in Chersonesus at start as Ioakeim Hommanid.
- Sebastian 'Katz' Borg, an embedded QA tester, can be found in Rome at start as Sebastianus Castiliani 'Cattus'.
- Niels 'Gorion3' Uiterwijk, a tech lead, can be found in Frisia at start as Nilis Uiterwiekus.
- Emil 'Egladil' Djupfeldt, a programmer, can be found in Celticia at start as Aemilius Candamius.
- Evan Wu, a programmer, can be found in Zhangzhung at start as Weikwan Mu.
- Timor Khanagov, a 2D artist/UI designer, can be found in Macedon at start as Timokratos Georgus.
- Joacim Carlberg, the art lead, can be found in Raumaricia at start as Jokim Carlberki.