Patches and hotfixes are free updates for Imperator: Rome, though there they are different in purpose:
- Patches fix many bugs and/or implement balance tweaks. They are sometimes released alongside a new, major DLC; when this occurs a portion of the DLC's features are usually shipped as part of the coinciding free patch, thus made available to anyone who has the base game.
- Hotfixes are very small updates to the game that usually fix only a few bugs and may contain a few changes to the gameplay as well. Hotfixes are commonly released shortly after major patches to fix any unforeseen bugs that came with the previous update, or independently to fix newly-discovered bugs or exploits.
- Note that newer DLCs cannot be activated if you're playing on an older patch version.
|1.5||2020-08-11||2c13||5th Major patch (aka "Menander"). Released alongside the Epirus content pack.|
|1.4||2020-03-31||ce3e||4th Major patch (aka "Archimedes"). Released alongside the Magna Graecia content pack.|
|1.3||2019-12-03||448a||3rd Major patch (aka "Livy"). Released alongside the free Punic Wars content pack.|
|1.2||2019-09-24||2nd Major patch (aka "Cicero").|
|1.1||2019-06-26||1st Major patch (aka "Pompey").|
|1.0.3||2019-05-16||2e44||Hotfix (aka "Varus")|
|1.0.2||2019-05-09||0aed||Hotfix (aka "Cunctator")|
|1.0.1||2019-05-02||4a73||Hotfix (aka "Demetrius")|
|1.0||2019-04-25||112c||Release version (aka "Sulla")|
Each patch has an associated checksum that allows to verify the installation is correct.
It is displayed by opening the console and writing 'version' without the apostrophes.
Rolling back to an older version
Older stable versions are available through Steam Beta tab.
To rollback :
- Right-click Imperator: Rome in the game library
- Click on Properties
- Select the BETAS tab
- Select the version in the dropdown
- Wait for game files to update
- In the launcher, unselect any DLC released after the selected patch, otherwise the game will crash.